Get assistance paying for rehab
Does GEHA Insurance Cover Addiction Treament?
Currently, GEHA is one of the leading providers of medical and dental plans for federal employees in the US. The organization serves more than 1.8 million federal employees, retirees along with their families. GEHA offers extensive coverage for a broad range of medical conditions including substances abuse.
GEHA provides extensive coverage for substance abuse rehab as part of its overall mental health program. As a result of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 1996, large group health plans are mandated to provide the same level of benefits for substance abuse and mental health conditions as they do for medical and surgical care.
If you are covered under a GEHA plan, you can expect some level of coverage as long as your substance abuse rehab is deemed a medical necessity. As with most insurance carriers, the types of GEHA drug rehab services covered varies with your plan. To be sure what services you are qualified for under your plan, it is advisable you contact your insurance company directly.
GEHA Outpatient Addiction Treatment
Your health insurance can help you pay for all GEHA drug rehab expenses or a substantial part of it. For members covered under the High PPO or Standard PPO plan, almost all medically necessary drug addiction expenses are covered. With these plans, your copays and deductibles are significantly lower.
Additionally, under these plans, you have the freedom to choose either a participating provider or an out-of-network provider. However, your copay and deductible fees for non-participating rehab providers are significantly higher.
Your GEHA health plan may provide 100 percent coverage or significantly reduce your out-of-pocket expenses for the following GEHA drug rehab services:
- Medical Detox (plans may be different for drugs and alcohol)
- Substance abuse therapy sessions
- Individual/group counseling sessions
- Outpatient rehab services
- Inpatient rehab services
- Diagnostic tests
- Day and night treatment
- Aftercare services
Get help at Anchored Tides Recovery
To learn more about how you can move forward with your life and beat addiction permanently, please contact us immediately. As a drug rehab that takes GEHA insurance, we are available to give you round-the-clock assistance with your substance use disorder problem. We will not only verify your GEHA policy on your behalf, but we will also thoroughly explain your options and help you reduce your financial involvement.
Money doesn’t have to be a major deterrent in getting professional help. Using your GEHA policy is one of the best ways to cover the costs for addiction treatment. Call now to find out how you can get started with little or no out-of-pocket expenses.
- The Relationship Between Personality Traits and Addiction
- Alcohol and Postpartum Depression: A Complex Connection
- Understanding the Spike in Drug and Alcohol Use During the Holidays
- Recognizing High-Functioning Alcoholic Signs in Loved Ones
- Why Young Women Self-Silence and Its Impact on Mental Health
- How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
- Holiday Stress-Management Tips for Young Adults
- Heated Yoga for Depression: A Promising Alternative Treatment
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) vs. Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Journaling in Recovery: Does it Help?